Fulvio Caputo

Was born in Muggia, in the province of Trieste on 16th January 1953. He graduated in architecture at the Venice University Institute of Architecture (IUAV) in 1977 and went on to specialise in the History of Art at Padua University in 1981.

He formed various professional partnerships until 1985 when he set up his own technical office, specialising in the restoration of historical and monumental buildings. In 1999 he founded the design company C and C architettura ingegneria. He is now the company's technical director.

In Venice, his main works have been the restoration and re - functionalization of the monumental complex of San Salvador (client: Telecom Italia spa), the island of San Lazzaro degli Armeni (client: Congregazione Armeno Mechitarista), the Artigianelli complex (client: Opera di don Orione) and the palaces Franchetti and Loredan (Istituto di Scienze, Lettere e Arti). He coordinated the Feasibility Plan for the 2000 Expo in Trieste (client: Association TriestExpo'), the restoration of the Castle Salorno Haderbug (Ernesto Rubin de Cervin Albrizzi), the Museum of the Territory in the Convent of Santa Maria degli Angeli in Brisighella (Union of Municipalities), the restoration of Forte Col Badin and the set up of the Museum of the Great War in the Mountains - MGGM (City of Chiusaforte - UD) .

Since 2016, he is Vice-President of Filiera Veneta, a network of associations specialized in renovation projects within the tourist-accommodations sector pursuant to sustainability standards.

From 1992 to 1994 he taught the History of Architecture at the IUAV. He taught the History and techniques of contemporary architecture in the degree course of Construction Engineering at the Faculty of Engineering in Trieste from 1994 to 2000. He also took part in the founding of the new Faculty of Architecture in Trieste, where he taught the History of Architecture.

He was the director of the journal "Rivista europea del Neoclassico" from 1992 until 1998. He was also the scientific curator for numerous exhibitions including "Le carte dell'Impero" (Trieste, 1982), "Neoclassico. Arte, architettura e cultura a Trieste 1790-1840" (Trieste, 1990), "La città delle forme. Architettura e arti applicate a Trieste. 1945-1957" (Trieste, 2004).

Since 2014 he is responsible for organizing the First World War Centenary activities of the Comunità Montana del Gemonese, Canal del Ferro e Valcanale.

He has published various books on the cartography, history of the city and architecture and restoration, including:

  • - Il teatro, in "Le carte dell'Impero. La cartografia fra amministrazione e tecnica nel Settecento", curatore del volume, Albrizzi, 1982
  • - Trieste e l'Impero, Marsilio, 1987
  • - Lo Stato Asburgico e le formazione della nuova citt&agrve; settecentesca in "Trieste: l'architettura neoclassica", editor, B&M Fachin, 1988
  • - Sulla conservazione, in "Progetto San Salvador. Un restauro per l'innovazione a Venezia", editor, Albrizzi, 1989
  • - Architettura e città, in "Neoclassico. Arte, architettura e cultura a Trieste 1790-1840", editor, Marsilio, 1990
  • - Appaesarsi nel mondo: le città di Pasquale Rivoltella, La questione dello stile e della tecnica e La residenza di città: il palazzo, in "Pasquale Revoltella. Sogno e consapevolezza del cosmopolitismo triestino", edited by Maria Masau Dan, AGF, 1996
  • - Un progetto per l'isola di San Lazzaro, in "San Lazzaro degli Armeni. L'isola, il monastero, il restauro", edited by Michela Maguolo and Massimiliano Bandera, Marsilio, 1999
  • - Prologo. Dall'Italianità all'Italia. Gli Anni Venti e Trenta, in "La città delle forme. Architettura e arti applicate a Trieste, 1945-1957", editor, Edizioni Comune di Trieste, 2004
  • - Consegnare la storia al futuro, in "Idee, progetti, restauri. 1999-2009", Istituto Veneto di Scienze, Lettere e Arti, 2009
  • - Il restauro del Forte Col Badin e il Museo della Grande Guerra in Montagna, Tarvisio, 2014